A yacht charter sailing trip is one of the most memorable trips for many, especially if you have the luxury of making it once in your lifetime. For those who are regular sailors and have their own dingy, yacht, or boat and live in port cities this may not be that exciting. But, for those city dwellers in the deep inland concrete metropolitan areas, a yacht charter is one like no other. A week’s trip from Ibiza, taking the Balearic Islands of Menorca and back can be your most memorable trip. If you choose a luxury trip you can also enjoy a comfortable time.
Take a Skippered Yacht Charter
It is quite possible to enjoy your sailing trip without much worry about lingos and ropes. Navigation, routes, experience with waters around you, can all be managed by hiring professional skippers. They can be hired from local ports wherever you plan to holiday. You can find skippered yachts in Greece, Spain, Croatia, Turkey and more. They have extensive knowledge of the local area and are best for a hassle-free vacation.
- You can get a skipper’s license as well if you plan on getting training some 6 months in advance before your holiday trip.
- These certifications are offered by organizations like the International Certificate of Competence (ICC) or the Royal Yachting Association (RYA).
- A qualified instructor and examiner are given to a group of people and they teach you all the basics with an exam taken by the end of the course.
As a fun fact, some yacht charter holidays will also require guests to take a small exam after a brief before they take you into the sea for a week-long trip. This is for learning and also for safety on board.
Some places are perfect for novices
Some countries such as Croatia, Spain will require you to have a special ICC or RYA license before joining a flotilla skipper group. You can buy your independent yacht but still, you need this license to go out into the sea. Sailing in Greece is perfect for both novices and families according to experts because of the weather conditions all around the year. One important aspect of any sailing trip is the weather.
- The winds are light and the distance between places is short in Greece.
- Thus, kids won’t get bored and even novices can steer their sails properly.
- After a morning briefing by a lead skipper, independent boats are free to sail and enjoy their private time.
As a fun fact, the second most important aspect is navigation. Even if you can sail your boat, navigating is most critical.
Going in a group is the most advisable in many cases when it is your first time. Group sailing, travel and moving around helps each other. Especially, because everything is from the local area and laws are unknown. Book a nice yacht charter holiday or even a couple of them to get to know the process before taking things in your own hands. This is the best advice for a nice holiday.