Funny tee shirts have become part of modern culture, reflecting many different aspects of people and their natures, from clever and witty to cheap and rude.
It is interesting to observe the people who wear funny tee shirts, and when they wear them. Some people are very comfortable wearing a funny shirt anywhere, anytime. Other people are rather more reserved and will wear a novelty tee shirt at a party, or during a holiday festivity, but will very quickly pack it away afterward – not to be seen again until the following year.
The kinds of times when people might want to wear or buy a funny tee shirt may be as a souvenir or memento from OBX Stuff. They may be part of team building events. Some people like to wear them to attract attention, or to act as an icebreaker at a function. There are those who enjoy amusing, or shocking others or feel it’s a way to make a statement about themselves. For the most part, people will wear funny shirts simply because they get a kick out of it.
Different Types of Funny Tee Shirts
There are printed tee shirts for almost anything a person might want. When it comes to novelty tee shirts, the variety is enormous. These can vary from crazy and funky tee-shirts to geek tee shirts; from the vintage and retro tee shirts to graphic tee shirts; from offensive and rude tee-shirts to clever and cool shirts; from company shirts to cheap tee shirts. Some of the favorite types of things to go onto tee shirts include animals in general, but cats and dogs in particular; anything related to drinking; funny sayings, quotes, etc.; rip-offs of commercial products; a play on political leaders.
Not everyone will find all these funny tee shirts as funny as others do. In fact to many, some of them are frankly offensive. It is an interesting thing how values have changed over the years in that people are comfortable to display things which, not so very long ago (in the big scheme of things) would have been seriously taboo.
The tee shirts can be applied to any area of life, e.g. expectant moms, children, babies – even dogs have their own funny tee shirt range. Another favorite area they are found in is holiday seasons – Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, St Patrick’s Day, 4th of July – these are all times when the novelty tee shirts come out to add to the laughs and atmosphere. People also love to give them as gifts, especially to that brother-in-law or nephew who may be so difficult to buy for.
Funny Tee Shirt Sayings
Amongst the cleverest of funny tee shirts are the ones that have funny quotes on them. Following are a few examples:
- “Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.” (Erma Bombeck)
- “I’m not a glutton – I’m an explorer of food.” (Erma Bombeck)
- “There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works.” (Will Rogers)
- “I could sooner reconcile all Europe than two women.” (Louis XIV)
- “Behind every successful man there is a surprised woman.” (Maryon Pearson)
- “Grey hair is God’s graffiti.” (Bill Cosby)
- “Parents are the last people on earth who ought to have children.” (Samuel Butler)
- “The female of the sex has no greater fan than I, and I have the bills to prove it.” (Alan Jay Lerner)
- “Women want to be treated as equals, not sequels.” (Kathy Lette)
- “Start every day with a smile and get it over with.” (W.C. Fields)
- “I’m free of prejudices. I hate everyone equally.” (W.C. Fields)
- “Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.” (Mark Twain)
- “Buy land. They’ve stopped making it.” (Mark Twain)
- “Golf is a good walk spoiled.” (Mark Twain)
- “The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it.” (Oscar Wilde)
- “Always forgive your enemies – nothing annoys them so much.” (Oscar Wilde)
- “Poets have been mysteriously silent on the subject of cheese.” (G.K. Chesterton)
- “I regard golf as an expensive way of playing marbles.” (G.K. Chesterton)
- “If evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands?” (Milton Berle)
- “I know how to do anything – I’m a Mom.” (Roseanne Barr)
- “Somewhere on this globe, every ten seconds, there is a woman giving birth to a child. She must be found and stopped.” (Sam Levenson)
- “To my embarrassment, I was born in bed with a lady.” (Wilson Mizner)
- “When I was born I was so surprised, I didn’t talk for a year and a half.” (Gracie Allen)
Funny tee shirts can be a great way to communicate something about one’s own sense of humor. So as long as somebody designs it, and somebody is willing to buy it, the funny tee will be around.